- Types of Information Collected. Lake Avenue Capital collects two types of information about our visitors to the Website: Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information.
(a) Personally Identifiable Information: This refers to information that lets Lake Avenue Capital know the specifics of who you are. When you engage in certain activities on the Website, such as requesting sample reports, Lake Avenue Capital may ask you to provide certain information about yourself by filling out and submitting an online form. It is optional for you to engage in these activities. If you elect to engage in these activities, however, Lake Avenue Capital may ask that you provide personal information such as your first and last name, mailing address (including zip code), e-mail address, employer, job title and department, telephone and facsimile numbers, and other personal identifying information. If you do not provide the required data with respect to a particular activity, you will not be able to engage in that activity.
(b) Non-Personally Identifiable Information: This refers to information that does not by itself identify a specific individual. Lake Avenue Capital may gather certain information about you based on where you visit on the Website. This information is compiled and analyzed on both a personal and an aggregated basis. Examples of the kind of information that may be collected include the uniform resource locator ("URL") for the internet site that you just came from, which URL you go to next, what browser you are using, and your Internet Protocol ("IP") address. The Website also may store cookies on your computer.
In effect, a URL is the address of documents and other resources on the internet. An IP address is an identifier for a computer or device on a network that uses transmission control protocol/internet protocol ("TCP/IP") to control how information is routed around the network. The internet is an example of a network that uses the TCP/IP protocol. Therefore, an IP address is assigned to your computer whenever you are using the internet and thus allows other computers on the internet to locate and identify your computer. A cookie is a small text file, which a web sites uses to store information on your computer (if your Web browser permits) that can later be retrieved to identify information about you.
- The Collection and Use of Information. Lake Avenue Capital does not collect any Personally Identifiable Information about you unless you voluntarily provide it. You provide certain Personally Identifiable Information to Lake Avenue Capital when you request a sample report or otherwise contact Lake Avenue Capital.
In addition, Lake Avenue Capital may also collect, either directly or through a third party service (e.g. Google Analytics), certain Non-Personally Identifiable Information.
In general, Lake Avenue Capital uses this information to learn where visitors to the Website come from, how they interact with the Website and to generate reports about the use and interaction with the Website. The goal is to improve the quality of the Website and to increase the effectiveness of our marketing initiatives.
Lake Avenue Capital primarily uses Personally Identifiable Information to provide the requested services to you. Lake Avenue Capital also may use Personally Identifiable Information to deliver information to you and to contact you regarding products and services offered by Lake Avenue Capital.
- How Information is Shared or Transferred. Lake Avenue Capital does not sell, trade, or rent your Personally Identifiable Information to others. Lake Avenue Capital may provide Personally Identifiable Information to third parties who provide services for the benefit of Lake Avenue Capital (each a "Business Associates").
Lake Avenue Capital also will disclose Personally Identifiable Information as required by law enforcement or judicial authorities, on receipt of a court order or subpoena, or to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation. Lake Avenue Capital reserves the right to report to law enforcement any activities that it, in good faith, believes to be unlawful.
- Updating Personally Identifiable Information. You may change any of your Personally Identifiable Information by sending the revised information to Lake Avenue Capital to the contact address identified on the Website. Please include your name, postal address, and email address. You may ask to have the information deleted or removed.
However, because Lake Avenue Capital may keep track of past transactions, it may not be able to delete information associated with these past transactions. In addition, Lake Avenue Capital may not be able to completely delete your information because some residual information will be part of other business records such as computer storage backups.
- Other Guidelines. You must be at least 18 years old to use this Website. Lake Avenue Capital does not knowingly collect, use or disclose Personally Identifiable Information about visitors to the Website that are under 18 years of age.
Lake Avenue Capital
Attn: Privacy Compliance Officer
46 Southfield Avenue, Suite 430
Stamford, CT 06902
You may also send an e-mail to [email protected]
Policy updated as of January 1, 2022